Drive down Visa or keep up with Mortgage Payments

F

finn2101

Im €7000 behind on the mortgage. These payments go back over a year. Over the last 8 months I havent missed a payment, But the missing payments are still outstanding. Rang the bank they said if i keep making payments on time as i am, they will restructure the mortgage and throw thr outstanding 7k on top of the mortgage. My question is I have 5k on the visa at about 20% interest. Currently paying minimun repayments. I was thinking to miss one or 2 mortgage payments and instead use this to pay the Visa down. The bank seem to be happy at the moment with my payments and i dont think 2 months missed spread over say 5 month period, would annoy them greatly? Any thoughts, or should Mortgage be NUMERO UNO.

Pay the visa off & cut it up, get a 2 month break sanctioned by the bank first - explain your logical rationale to them in your proposal.

Pay the visa & be done with it forever - good luck.

Pay the visa off & cut it up, get a 2 month break sanctioned by the bank first - explain your logical rationale to them in your proposal.

Pay the visa & be done with it forever - good luck.

+ 1

pay off the visa first, but don't take any action on the mortgage without consulting the bank

Write to the company you have the visa with and ask them to freeze the visa interest on the account on the condition that you return it to them and don't use it again. Explain in the letter your financial difficulty but also commit to paying a set amount - don't make it too high - every week/month whatever.

Back