Documentation I should receive after close of sale

cully

Purchased a second hand property in November 2006 and moved in Mid November. What documentation, if any, should I have received from my Solicitor? I believe title deeds will go straight to mortgage provider. Do you get any documentation confirming that stamp duty was paid etc?

Any advice/info is welcome

There is no documentation that you should receive. It is down to the individual solicitor's complementary service. For instance I generally send a copy of the completed title to my clients as I believe people like to have a copy for their own records. But I'm not obliged to do so. I wouldn't normally send evidence that stamp duty had been paid, although if a client asked me to I would. But no one ever has- yet.

I don't remember getting any documentation on closing the purchase of our house. Well - other than the solicitor's invoice! :)

The stamps office don't really give receipts so the only evidence that you will have that stamp is paid is when the Deed is stamped and returned. You could ask your solicitor to send you a copy of the stamped Deed of Transfer and that will be evidence of payment. Usually you would not get any documents from your Solicitor but if you requested them they might send you a copy

Back