Discount to expect from UK dealer

Cameo

Hi

I am planning to get a 520d from a BMW dealer in the UK - sticker price is about £23 K . I am trying to get a feel for kind of discount I should be looking for a straight cash purchase. Anyone experience of buying from a BMW franchised/approved dealer in the UK ?

Any advice appreciated?

hi,

I recently bought a 02 lexus over there - when arrived at dealers the price on the roof was 7850 stg - -i got it for €10,000 euro (approx 6,666stg) so between 10% & 15% discount - - dont be afraid to argue with them....if your prepared to let them put it through as a trade sale (i.e. no return) ...impress on them that your bringing the car to ireland and they will never hear from you again....and rem cash is king - let them know that your going to buy a car somewhere that day and they def wont want to let you out the door - and dont be afraid to walk away - there are plenty of good quality motors over there.

brian - did you scope out a couple of cars? test drive a few? - go over on 1 occasion / for a day or a couple of days? where did you do your research?

I got the boat over in another car on a fri morn (its essential to go over in another car with a good sat nav system so you can view a few on the day) - as soon as I got there I bought an auto trader (thier one is split between midlands/north east/south east etc) and picked an area of approx 150 -200 miles radius that had the highest concentration of the model that I wanted at the price i wanted.
While the guy i was with drove I got on the phone and set up as many viewings as I could for that day and the next...I viewed a few and then after doing so bought. Stayed one night...and drove my new car home.
Havent had a prob with it since. (apart from the customs but thats another story!) all in all the trip cost me about 500... If you could, bring someone that knows thier cars - if you have any other queries pm me and ill throw you on my mobile

Back