difference between PVC kitchen & painted solid wood?

Hi ya Rose,

We have our kitchen sorted with kitchen world at the moment too, getting the solid chestnut kitchen worktop total 12m black galaxy and island 1.7 x 1 meter including the utility and a free bosch double oven total cost is €12k total. Haggling with James!

Total Granite is €4,600

am i reading that correctly that the kitchen worktop is 12 metres?

6.700 meters on one wall! 4.960 on the other its a big kitchen then the island!
House is completed plastering, waiting on our plumber hoping to be in in six weeks!

Word of warning. If you have young kids, painted doors will chip up very badly. Also, beware the quality of the painted doors, as they also don't like splashes on them around sinks, dishwashers etc.

Finally, there are plenty of kitchen suppliers out there selling painted wooden doors that don't tell you that they are not solid wood underneath the paint, but some form of composite board. When I was looking for kitchens recently, almost all those I pushed hard on the matter admitted that their high quality painted doors were in fact MDF or equivalent underneath. So make sure it is actually a solid wood underneath, and one that can actually be dipped and repainted in the future if so required.

For what it's worth, with 3 youngsters we went a good quality MDF/Foil wrapped kitchen from Magnet, did us a very decent deal on appliances and granite worktop, they clearly are making their margin on the units to do this.

Hi there
How did anyone get on with their PVC kitchen a few years down the road
I am trying to decide on whether to pull out my 13 yr old tired solid maple kitchen and put in a cheap PVC coated one instead or maybe just refresh/repaint the one I have and add a few new pieces to it

Back