Dentist Costs

cremeegg

I have just been to the dentist. A quick examination, scale and polish, less than 15 mins in the chair.

€75, please.

Now I need to go to the doctor to get something to help me over the shock. :D

The doctor will charge you €55 to €65 for 10 minutes of their time and if there's anything wrong with you they'll send you to someone else, with a letter in hand, to get it fixed. At least the dentist actually does their own work ;)

Reminds me a bit of this:

A giant ship engine failed. The ship’s owners tried one expert after another, but none of them could figure but how to fix the engine.

Then they brought in an old man who had been fixing ships since he was a young. He carried a large bag of tools with him, and when he arrived, he immediately went to work. He inspected the engine very carefully, top to bottom.

Two of the ship’s owners were there, watching this man, hoping he would know what to do. After looking things over, the old man reached into his bag and pulled out a small hammer. He gently tapped something. Instantly, the engine lurched into life. He carefully put his hammer away. The engine was fixed!

A week later, the owners received a bill from the old man for ten thousand dollars.

“What?!” the owners exclaimed. “He hardly did anything!”

So they wrote the old man a note saying, “Please send us an itemized bill.”

The man sent a bill that read:

Tapping with a hammer………………….. $ 2.00

Knowing where to tap…………………….. $ 9,998.00

Nope I don't see the connection. At least he didn't hit me with a hammer, something to be grateful for I suppose.

I like Purple's point that at least Dentists do their own work.

Nope I don't see the connection. At least he didn't hit me with a hammer, something to be grateful for I suppose.

Hi cremeegg,

The point being, that when he examined you I presume he had a good look. If there was anything serious (even not related to why you went to see him) he would have called it out and saved you time, pain and money down the road?

My father had a "scare" last year. His GP referred him to a consultant. This only took a short examination and my father complained to me it cost 650 euro. I told him to get an official all-clear for that was worth an awful lot more.

I'm not saying medical costs in this country are cheap, in fact it is the opposite

My father had a "scare" last year. His GP referred him to a consultant. This only took a short examination and my father complained to me it cost 650 euro. I told him to get an official all-clear for that was worth an awful lot more.

I'm not saying medical costs in this country are cheap, in fact it is the opposite
Basically they get to charge vast amounts of money because their customers are vulnerable.
That's fine but stop with the crocodile tears and hand wringing about the state of the health service.

The doctor will charge you €55 to €65 for 10 minutes of their time and if there's anything wrong with you they'll send you to someone else, with a letter in hand, to get it fixed. At least the dentist actually does their own work ;)

Which can be a bit worrying too if he /she does the work when maybe they should be sending you to an orthodontist or endodontist or prosthodontist or oral surgeon !! Hard to win.

Which can be a bit worrying too if he /she does the work when maybe they should be sending you to an orthodontist or endodontist or prosthodontist or oral surgeon !! Hard to win.
Especially if they are a doctor!

Back