Delia's Way and the Real Women's Way

S

sueellen

Delia's Way
Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips

The Real Women's Way
Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone for God's sake. You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it anyway.

Delia's Way
To keep potatoes from budding place an apple in the bag with the potatoes

The Real Women's Way
Buy Smash mashed potato mix and keep it in the press for up to a year

Delia's Way
When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking tin use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake

The Real Women's Way
Tesco's sell cakes. They even do decorated versions

Delia's Way
If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking drop in a potato slice

The Real Women's Way
If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking that's tough sh*t. Please recite with me the Real Women's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes"

Delia's Way
Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield beautiful glossy finish

The Real Women's Way
Tesco's frozen pie directions do not include brushing any egg whites over the crust so I don't do that

Delia's Way
Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and drop it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.

The Real Women's Way
Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and drop it in 8 ozs. of tequila. Drink the tequila. You might still have the headache, but who gives a sh*t.

and finally the most important tip

Delia's Way
Freeze left over wine into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces

The Real Women's Way
Left over wine?????????????????

Back