Defendent had several previous accidents

I dont understand why the solicitor over looked it. This only became apparent to me after talking control of my own file and my solicitor coming off record.

Again, did you give your solicitor your policy?

Why did you not read your policy?

John joe have you thought about what will happen if you lose your case in the High Court, the costs will be horrendous, can you afford that? I think it would be more helpful if you said what exactly happened as I (and others) cannot really understand it - for example - my friend came to my house, I drove his car on my property/ the road because I needed to go buy some milk, I thought I was insured because.... I crashed into x because... the other person was not insured, I do not know this other person.... etc...

Can't understand how this was overlooked by either of you???
I can't either, especially as according to this post, the accident happened well over 4 years ago.

I have read the OP's threads relating to this matter and admit that I'm thoroughly confused - and Bronte's post suggests there are a few of us in that position - which means it's hard to give useful advice.

OP, the normal thing to do in the event of a collision, especially where there are injuries, is to inform one's insurance company. Did you do that at the time? And if so what did they say?

As regards MIBI, a claim has to be submitted with a year. Did you do that, and did they say your claim was admissible?

If you left everything in the hands of your ex-solicitor and nothing was done in a timely fashion then I could see you having to sue the ex-solicitor, and for that you would definitely need properly qualified legal representation.

You may not realise it, but some of your posts come off a bit snippy - like telling people they haven't understood the question and to go back and read it again. You'll get plenty of help if you make your posts nice and clear, but if people aren't getting your meaning then you will continue to receive replies that are not telling you what you wish to know.

Was fault in the accident determined at the time? I dont think this has been answered.

I was about to sit down and do a detailed summary of the whole situation, in the hope that it might be of assistance to the OP and guide his further actions;

On reflection I just can't be bothered. It is this simple: OP should get a solicitor.

I just read this thread, I'm now quite tired..... Basically, did JohnJoe only 'discover' he was in fact insured after proceedings had taken place, on the premise that he assumed he was not insured?! If you know what I mean!!! Closing the gate after the horse had bolted??? Or is it flying by the seat of yer pants...

Last edited:
That would be third party I assume, so AFAIK you couldn't claim on your own policy for your own injuries.

I always belived even if you had fully comp you can't claim for injuries of your own insurance, only damage done to your car. I think you would need other personal insurance to cover for injuries.

Hi John joe. From the title of the post I assume that you are the plaintiff. Has the defendant made a counter claim against you?

Back