DAZN still paying monthly subscription long after Katie Taylor fight

Wheelie Bin

Like a lot of Irish people , myself and herself decided to splash out €9.99 to stream the Katie Taylor fight back in May. Not boxing fans in the slightest but wanted to experience the occasion live on TV with a couple of glasses of wine. The €9.99 included 30 days of coverage. I asked the lady on the phone could they just cancel my subscription immediately after the fight because I had zero interest in any other fights that might be on. No , she said I had to ring back the following Monday. I duly did and to my horror they claimed I was signed in to a 12 month contract so I would have to pay a further 11 * €9.99.
I asked them to check out my phone conversation two days earlier which they agreed on a one month contract on which I insisted that I only wanted to see the one fight. Still arguing with them on their " chatbot" since ( they don't take phone calls anymore). Meanwhile they keep gobbling my €9.99 every month.
Anybody have a similiar experience, any suggestions. Should I just call in to the bank and stop further payments ?

You could just stop your dd mandate?

But she will be fighting again on the 25th November I believe so you might want it for that.
I know boxing may not be your thing but there are some quality ladies fights on right now, stick with it, you just might get a taste for it.
Joshuz V Whyte coming up early August as well that will be interesting.

DAZN have 3 options according to their website
  • Monthly Saver (12-month deal): £9.99
  • Annual Super Saver: £99.99
  • Flexible pass: £19.99.

It sounds like you signed up for the 12 month deal, regardless of what you were told on the phone

DAZN have 3 options according to their website
  • Monthly Saver (12-month deal): £9.99
  • Annual Super Saver: £99.99
  • Flexible pass: £19.99.

It sounds like you signed up for the 12 month deal, regardless of what you were told on the phone
To be fair , got an email from DAZN yesterday saying they would discontinue taking money from my account. At that stage the fight had cost me €29.97 and better still , this morning , low and behold there was €19.98 rebated to my bank account. So fair play , credit where its due , they did listen back to my original phone call.

Back