Daytrading Stocks and Futures from Ireland.

P/E-ratio

Thanks Piggy,

I just wonder, for example at the end of a day
the price is real amount, the quantity of shares is
the real amount, but for what the period is taken
profit ( for the yaer, Q or month ) ?

Nick

Re: P/E-ratio

The "profit" figure is the last published dividend or earnings per share figure. For most companies this will be a quarterly figure - i.e. it could be a maximum of three months out of date. Does this answer you question?

P/E-ratio

Yes, however dividends and profit are complitly
different thigs. I have got it that P/E-ratio has beehg
counted as price at the day divided on the ratio
profit for Q on quantity shares.
For example the E/P-ratio for Ryanair's shraes is
6.42/ (247.6 mln/748.5mln)=19.45

6.42 - current price €
247.6 mln - profit for queter 2
748.5 mln - quantity of sares.

Thanks for helping

Nick

All the added charges

How can you be a full time daytrader will all the extra charges that the government and stockbrokers have?Every time you trade stock you have to pay a good bit of money ?

i am in college and look at the ISE everyday.i have bought shares and made money on them but the cost of buying them was alot.

what stockbroking firm is the best to trade with??Cost wise???

if i could find a company that was cheap enough i would trade all day.

Re: P/E-ratio

In my view daytrading is a good way to lose money - through charges as you mention as well as through market volatility. It puzzles me why a full time (?) student would want to daytrade and how they would have the necessary resources...

How and ever, these links might be of interest to you:

www.askaboutmoney.com/clu...OCKBROKING

Re: to lose money

i always wondered about the futures thing. if you buy a contract for a truckload of bananas, sheeps brains or whatever and cant or dont sell them in time, does it all arrive on your doorstep one day?

Re: to lose money

I'm not sure about sheep brains, but to take the example of metal trading and a futures contract traded on the London Metals Exchange most (all?) futures contracts are settled without the physical delivery of the metal that is the subject of the contract. However, the metal must be available in an LME warehouse for physical delivery should the parties agree.
It is not a question of the buyer selling the metal on, as contracts are usually settled financially and futures, and other trades on the LME, are used to hedge exposure to comodities markets rather than to buy supplies.
To use an example of Company X, which requires aluminium to manufacture its product. Company X has suppliers of aluminium and will need 100 lots in 6 months time but wants to protect against price increases during the period. Company X enters a trade on the LME for 100 lots of aluminium at a price of £110. In 6 months time Company X buys the 100 lots required from their supplier.
If the market price has increased to £120 they pay £120, but in settlement of the futures contract they receive £10 - the cost to company X was £110 (plus the cost of the futures contract).
If the market price has fallen to £100 they pay £100, but in settlement of the futures contract they pay £10 - again the cost was £110 (plus the cost of the future).
The option of physical delivery remains, but it is rarely, if ever, exercised.

cool

does ireland have an metal exchange place or are we too small of country to do that

Back