Danske Bank/NIB to close down - hold onto your tracker

I'm pretty sure I say my most trs payment come into my non-Danske account. I'll double-check that today & confirm.
I've gone with the DD for my mortgage - why are people so against setting up a DD mandate, as a matter of interest?
I've also told Danske I won't be closing my servicing account as it's one of the T&Cs of my tracker mortgage. I've asked for a letter to confirm that them closing the account doesn't affect the T&Cs. I may never see that of course!

Hate dd with any company. Yea its easier for them
But I found rates are Changed . Prices go up, and barely advised.
For me I know what has to be paid monthly utilities and mortgage and unless there is an financial incentive to give any full acces to pillage my account
Whenever they make a mistake is not preferable to me.
Ive no interest of spending an hour on the phone to clear it up . No interest in checking im not being fleeced and even my own bank make me send in a wrtten letter by snailmail or worse que in a branch
To cancel the access I gave my consent to.
Dd is only asking to overpay and ive been overcharged
Before and reckon most have just down to if its been spotted or not.
All my opinion of course but dont understand why people are so lax about it

Also an earlier poster mention a payment going in even one day early would be regarded as an overpayment

The one thing that concerns me about the so is when the vulture fund buy the mortgage book could they use
An a too early or late payment due to bank holidays etc
As a reason deem the loan t&c violated and possibly call in the loan
Is it going to be true that it may not be under the financial regulators remit

They may not be under the regulator's remit, but they'd still have to go through the Irish court system. No judge is going to allow a bank to foreclose because you've made early payments, or some payments were late on bank holidays.

Maybe so but that would involve hiring a solicitor
Which could be pricey and hoping to be awarded the legal costs

Just wondering if anyone has managed to negotiate a discount on their outstanding capital by paying off their tracker early with Danske?
A reliable little bird told me Danske are doing deals with people in arrears which doesn't appear to have hit the media as yet.
Of course it's doubtful that there's anything there for up-to-date accounts but surely it would be in Danske's interest to get these loss-making trackers off their books?

I'm probably hoping for an unrealistic miracle here!

You hear any more rumours?
Have tracker too and want to move house. Have cash in bank to cover whole mortgage. Not sure how to approach situation with Dankse. If I sell they'll get full amount.

You hear any more rumours?
Have tracker too and want to move house. Have cash in bank to cover whole mortgage. Not sure how to approach situation with Dankse. If I sell they'll get full amount.

No sorry, nothing more. I was advised to ask Danske for a discount for paying off my tracker. The house I was interested in isn't a runner so I'm holding fire for now. I wonder if there is more chance of this happening if Danske sell their loan book at a discount. The new lender may be more amenable to a deal. Or maybe not. I wish I had a crystal ball on this one!

Waiting patiently for same myself . Dansk dont seem to have any plans atm at least nothing they are broadcasting.
Id say we will be dealing with the vulture fund instead who hopefully will just want a high return asap instead
Of operating a direct debit repayment scheme
Good chance ecb rate will drop again in june so even will be a larger haircut will have to be suffered for the trackers.
Id imagine if dansk cut any deals before selling this may affect the offloading their mortgage book to whatever vulture fund.

Also the less people on direct debits . Again the less atractive it will be.
I dont see dansk giving a toss about their customes or their irish employees so therefore not taking any of their suggest s as gospel

Dansk now saying because im not setting up a direct debit for repayment they are unable to transfer my trs payment s without me calling an 1890 number every time to get payments transferred Manually
They are really just making this stuff up as they go along . Its laughable that they are promoting them selves as a commercial bank

Take no heed of them.

I sent them a secure message from within the app on my mobile and told them to transfer it to my new account. They did that.
I also told them that I was not setting up a DD and that I will transfer the money 1 day before the mortgage is due. They acknowledged that.

Yup
Thought as much the amount of misinformation
Ive got from them over last year is unreal
I dont believe a word and have taken copies of all secure mail lies they have sent as im sure it will disappear . And they will deny it in the future
Definitely no direct debit with them

Have tracker. Signed up for DD to pay the mortgage. Should I be worried that it's not a SO.

I wouldn't worry about it just personally dont trust them . Probably just me but dont like being flocked into a decision I dont want to take

Dansk now saying because im not setting up a direct debit for repayment they are unable to transfer my trs payment s without me calling an 1890 number every time to get payments transferred Manually

That's nonsense. I've no DD with them for our mortgage. I received a TRS payment from them a couple of weeks back, which was sent by them automatically, once I'd advised them of the account to send it to.

Yes. Ive asked them to confirm again in writing what they are refusing to do.
How can any institution be in such a mess at this stage they are not fit to run a bath never mind a bank

No I haven't. I refused to close my servicing account as by doing so I would breach the T&Cs of my tracker mortgage. As they would not provide anything in writing to say that closing the account would not affect the T&Cs I did not close the account.
As of this week though the account is no longer visible on online banking. No closing statement.
I also asked this week for the third time for someone to contact me from the mortgage department and have still had no response.
I also realised that my SO cancellation & the first DD payment have crossed so I have paid my mortgage twice this week. Looking forward to trying to sort that one out tomorrow.

Danske sell 680 properties to Deutsche Bank => http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...om-danske.html
This is probably not significant to anyone looking for some type of deal (as the above relates to properties that have already been relinquished) but the very end of this article here => http://www.irishtimes.com/business/...-vie-for-100m-danske-bank-portfolio-1.1765814 ....alludes to them selling off their complete portfolio...

Everything is for sale, at the right price imho ....

I think the key problems for Danske Bank to date have been:

- they couldn't start doing deals directly with people on their homeloans or RIP loans, simply because it would have "contaminated" their entire loan portfolio with everyone wanting a discount and them taking too large a hit.

- many of their staff had already left or been let go, with some of their remaining staff not experienced enough or simply capable of handing negotiations on settlement of large loans

As Danske sell property loans to unconnected third parties in volume, they can do so under cover without releasing full details of the sale price of individual loans. The third parties can then in turn cut deals on individual cases if they want, no doubt at a profit ... with no impact on Danske.

has anyone used the secure mail recently have sent a number in last couple of weeks with no response

Hello,

I've not had reason to use their secure service since late July, so can't comment. I'd imagine they are trying to force everyone to use Pepper now if it's something that is supposed to have been outsourced. Did you check if Pepper can assist you ?

Back