Current account mortgage and unemployment benefit

pennypincher

Does anyone know if your unemployment benefit is affected if you have one of these mortgages.Say you have 40k(Sale of PPR) and then you're made redundant.Do Welfare take it that this is regarded as savings and you should use this before claiming benefit...I'm also wondering about my SSIA

Unemployment Benefit is PRSI contribution history linked and not means tested or affected by any savings/investments/means. Unemployment Assistance is means tested. Which do you actually mean?

Basically I've been working for the past 15 years,this looks like the first time I'll be unemployed for a while....so I don't actually know which one I'll be drawing...I'm assuming it's the PRSI one as I've been paying this for the past 15 years.Can you confirm ?

Call Welfare on 7043000 or 1890 400 400 to check if your PRSI contributions qualify you for UB. Have your PPSN handy. If you were on PRSI Class A for the past 15 years then you are most likely entitled to UB. assuming that you are not voluntarily giving up the job in which case your claim may be deferred for 6-8 (?) weeks. If you qualify for UB then other means/savings are irrelevant and don't affect payment.

Back