Currencyfair problems

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I am finding Currencyfair very frustrating.

My preference is to use it from my desktop rather than the phone app.

I get this screen

1698398799082.png

No code arrived.

So I did it again.

Then a code arrived.

I entered it

And nothing happened.

I know have a whole pile of codes.

I am holding on for 25 minutes for the helpline.

Brendan

I tried it again got the code immediately and it worked.

But it's frustrating when you can't rely on something to work every time.

Brendan

It took 36 minutes for them to answer the phone.

They said that there should be no delay between asking for the code and them sending it.

My Ulster Bank account limits the daily payment to £20,000

If I want to send more, I have to set up a "top up" on Currency Fair for £20,000 and then another one for the balance.

Brendan

Unfortunately sometimes SMS delays can happen on mobile networks so you get into this situation - request a two factor authentication code and it doesn't arrive so you request another and then one arrives but is it the original or the new one? Or several get delayed and it gets totally confusing when some or all of them arrive as seems to be the case here. However, this is definitely not specific to CurrencyFair - I've had it happen with several logins at different times. It's handier when a local authentication app (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, VIP Access etc.) is used instead of SMS codes. But then it's also confusing when you end up using multiple of these apps (I have to use all of the ones mentioned for different logins!).

Currencyfair, which I have used a lot over many years, has disabled its auction-type marketplace which was my sole reason for using it.
Reading between the lines, holding customer balances caused a regulatory problem.
Is there any alternative that allows an auction approach or forex limit orders for retail customers?

I got an email telling me to clear my balance immediately.

But my balance was €1.

I tried to transfer it but they said I needed to lodge €2 to make up the €3 transfer charge.

Brendan

Sent EUR 500 for conversion to Stg£425 three days ago. Received email from Currencyfair acknowledging receipt of E500. Yet when I go into dashboard it shows E0.00 with E500 pending. Sent two emails to [email protected] without response. Need some advice on how best to proceed

Sent EUR 500 for conversion to Stg£425 three days ago. Received email from Currencyfair acknowledging receipt of E500. Yet when I go into dashboard it shows E0.00 with E500 pending. Sent two emails to [email protected] without response. Need some advice on how best to proceed
Does this help? It's from CF support page.

I received an email advising that my funds have arrived but when I log into my profile I don’t have a balance, why is this?

We recently introduced an Aged Balance of funds policy where we no longer offer the Top Up Option. As we cannot hold balances on a Customers profile we require customers to log into our platform in advance of sending in funds and complete the Send Money or Transfer In Option displayed under New Transaction. This transaction instruction includes providing CurrencyFair with beneficiary details for the transaction and an instruction to automatically exchange and transfer out the funds when received.

If a Send Money or Transfer In is not completed in advance of sending your funds in, you will still need to set this up to complete your transaction and enable the clearing of your funds to your CurrencyFair profile and the completion of your exchange and transfer out. This will then update in your Transaction Overview Status and your Account Statement sections.

Please note: The funds will not be visible as a balance until you create the Send Money deposit notification. Once this is done, your money can be cleared to your account and immediately exchanged and transferred out.

We are business who got an email recently from Currency Fair, stating that their inbound banking details had changed from AIB to Barclays in Franfurt. I suspected a scam and called the support line. Eventually got through an their support desk, who informed me that this was correct. They opened multiple accounts for audit tracking purposes. I transferred €32K last week and its gone missing. AIB transferred it and Currency Fair cannot locate it. Have to raise a complaint with Central Bank as no satisfactory responses from Current Fair. After reading the comments earlier, I am concerned that they may be going/gone out of business. I also came across an article stating from last week stating that they were warned by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) that its payment services could be stopped for up to a year if several regulatory concerns are not resolved

We are business who got an email recently from Currency Fair, stating that their inbound banking details had changed from AIB to Barclays in Franfurt. I suspected a scam and called the support line. Eventually got through an their support desk, who informed me that this was correct. They opened multiple accounts for audit tracking purposes. I transferred €32K last week and its gone missing. AIB transferred it and Currency Fair cannot locate it. Have to raise a complaint with Central Bank as no satisfactory responses from Current Fair. After reading the comments earlier, I am concerned that they may be going/gone out of business. I also came across an article stating from last week stating that they were warned by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) that its payment services could be stopped for up to a year if several regulatory concerns are not resolved

hi tony, have you got this resolved yet? im in the same boat.

I also came across an article stating from last week stating that they were warned by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) that its payment services could be stopped for up to a year if several regulatory concerns are not resolved

CurrencyFair, the Irish fintech, has been warned by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) that its payment services could be stopped for up to a year if several regulatory concerns are not resolved.

Shamus Hodgson, group CEO at CurrencyFair, confirmed on Thursday that the fintech was working closely with the CBI and had a remediation plan in an effort to resolve the regulatory issues.

According to CurrencyFair’s recently released financial results for 2022, the Central Bank issued their warning to the company in November 2023, saying they could stop CurrencyFair’s payment services for up to 12 months.

They seem much worse now than back in November?

Back