Croatia

Hi techman

Was in Dubrovnik (Cavtat actually) last week in May.

I thought the War Photo Museum was good-admission around €4.

Very good steakhouse-called Domino-would highly recommend it.

The city itself is quite small-about the size of Galway. The Old City is padestrianised.

Enjoy!

You can use euro in some places, but all bureaux de change (even in hotels and newsagents) give very competitive rates (i.e. same as a bank, and very little difference vs. money market rates), so I would advise bringing euro and changing to kuna over there. CCs widely accepted, but some places would accept Visa but not Mc and vice versa.

I stayed at www.hotel-lero.hr. Booking through at the time was cheapest. Go half board it is good value as restaurants in old town are a rip off. You will see all of Dubrovnik in one day, two at most, then it gets boring. Walk the old walls but not suitable for small kids. Visit Cavtat on day trip, get boat from old town harbour. Lapad is a bit out of town if that is where you are stayinng that is why we chose Hotel lero. The number 12 bus? offers an excellent service for a couple of euro. Coffee and cakes are cheap and gorgeous.

Nice to wander around the city and the old walls. The islands make a nice day trip and the water is crystal clear and great for swimming. There's a bungy jump of the big suspension bridge if thats your thing. Old town has plenty of nice places to eat (lots of italian places because lots of italians holiday there) - for better value try some of the places not in the old town - the buses are great and very cheap - you buy your tickets at the little kiosks on the road. Nice place - I think the best beer to drink is called lasko pivo (has a goats head on the tap) :)

tolkarovers said:
I think the best beer to drink is called lasko pivo (has a goats head on the tap) :)

I strongly disagree-Korlovacko is yer only man!

Back