Credit Rating Report

Tracey123

Hi,
My name is on a property along with my ex husband.

We are separated/divorced at this stages years and when we went to court, the judge gave him the house in Tipperary and I the house in Meath, I currently reside there and have been paying the mortgage and my mortgage account is up today with my monthly repayments.

Needless to say, my ex-husband didn’t keep the payment up on the house in Tipperary and it went to arrears and has now been sold since late last year. My question is I am still unfortunately tied in with the debt of this house and it is still on my credit report. It will be five years next month (March) from my ex made a repayment. The house has since been sold from last year and now the outstanding monies owed on it is 94.251 but this house is sold, so why is there still monies owed on it and how could our names be still on it when this house is sold. I know my ex has no intentions of clearing any of the debt on it. Do you know what happens re my credit report as I have always paid back loans and my mortgage of my house is up to date and I have never missed a payment on it. How long will this stay on my credit rating please the house in Tipp or what can I do to get my name of this mortgage in Tipp.

any advise please is very welcome.

thank you T.

Thanks for your time and apologies if this is not your area of expertise to answer this question, maybe you could direct me to the correct section please

Hi Tracey

It would seem that both you and your ex jointly took out the mortgage on the house in Tipp. And it appears that the house sold for less than the amount outstanding on the mortgage, €94,251 less, if I an interpreted your post correctly.

The news here isn't good. This is going to continue to appear on your credit report. To create a situation whereby it stops appearing on your credit report your ex needs to pay the outstanding €94,251, or see if the lender will agree to close the account in exchange for a smaller amount.

Even after closure, the loan account will still appear on your credit report for 5 years, and then it will drop off and not be seen.

It is not clear if you are separated or divorced - it must be one or the other, surely

Did the separation or divorce proceedings not deal with this?

Back