Council taking mixed development estate in charge, role of mgt co going forward?

Your Management Co should know and also you could call to your Co. Co. It might be no harm to check with both and see if they are not blaming one another. You could get a good local councillor to get the story on it. Has everything been finished in your development. It can be many years afterwards before the council take it over. If everything is finished you might have to get together and put pressure on local councillors of all parties to get something done. We are paying LPT now.

I am not sure if there are different procedures in place depending on the area of the country you are in. I live in an estate in Tipperary and we are hoping to be taken over soon by the Co. Co. The residents Assoc. wrote to the Council requesting the take over. The Council require certain technical information which I am not sure about however they also require signatures from over 51% of the residents.

Once you buy a property in a managment company run estate you automatically become a member therefore until the company winds down you will have to pay a fee.

Back