Cost of taking a site from existing field

creditworthy

Good evening ,
May I ask for a rough estimate of the cost and the necessary experts to consult to take a site of approximately 1.5 acres from a larger field ? Who would need to be consulted first etc.
I am shared owner of the land and there would be no issue with my sibling in doing what I am thinking of .
Thank you very much .

You probably need to give more information about your intentions for the site such as if you will be seeking planning permission to build.

Sorry , I didnt even think of giving that information .. there is an existing house, derelict , on the site so I would eventually be applying for an extension to the property , not a new build . Thank you .

It's therefore not a site as such (since that implies a green field with no building on it. If the land is shared ownership, then does that imply the derelict house is also shared ownership or are you the sole owner of that house?

Sorry , I didnt even think of giving that information .. there is an existing house, derelict , on the site so I would eventually be applying for an extension to the property , not a new build . Thank you .
If it's derelict you will need full planning to bring it back into use, and that will mean full compliance with current building regs for the entire building and services like drainage and sewage treatment. A couple in Wicklow made that expensive mistake a few years back, assumed they could add what they thought was an exempt extension to a derelict house and carry on, they were forced to reverse all works at considerable expense.

What you're looking to do is separate a field into multiple folios, a solicitor will be able to do this for you with a surveyor involved to ensure the demarcation on the ground matches the maps used to create the new folio.

Back