Cost of Alarm System In Pre-Wired House

taytoman

I am buying a new 4 bed semi that is pre-wired for an intruder alarm. Just wondering what a standard non- monitored intruder alarm system should cost to install including VAT. I'm aware that alarm systems come in all shapes and sizes, but just want a system that meets standard house insurance regulations.

Don't forget an alarm installer must be registered with the Private Security Authority.

Guy did mine for 139. I can pm you his number.

€139 to supply and fit a complete wired alarm system to the required NSAI standards, or even just to fit one to those standards? Note that if you can't prove the system is up to standard and claim a discount on your home insurance, you will likely run into problems if you ever find yourself in the position of making a claim.

To reinforce the PSA requirement, you are liable to a fine of up to €3,000 and/or imprisonment if you are found to have employed a non-registered contractor.

Also, all recommendations must be posted publicly in the forum, doing so via pm may lead to a ban.

Actually I did make a claim and it was paid. The guy was <SNIP> The panel says compliant with en 501313 and also reci

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I did make a claim and it was paid. The guy was <SNIP> The panel says compliant with en 501313 and also reci

I've removed the name & number as there is no such installer or company on the register, so employing them to do such work is illegal.

Sticker on the panel means the panel is compliant, but the installation itself must also be in compliance with EN50131. Installer should provide a cert to confirm the later.

Still needs to be installed/ commissioned by a licensed contractor. So naming someone here who isn't could leave them open to prosecution.

Listen I got a pm telling me to name them so I did! Then I get told off! This is a development of 1200 houses so not some fly by night.

Back