Cornmarket/Midas

elainem

My friend wants to make a complaint against Cornmarket/Midas - she sent in her complaint to them email and registered letter but has not gotten a reply in a month though they said in their complaints' procedure that they would reply in five days. Where can my friend go next - is Midas as part of Cornmarket Retail Trading under the Financial Services Ombudsman though it is a tax-based service. There doesn't seem to be any professional body to complain to as my friend says that a lot of the advisors there are not tax accountants/accountants - does she have any comeback? If they are covered by the Financial Services Regulations they are supposed acknowledge receipt of letters and reply within a certain time - but do they come under these regulations?

Stated clearly on their website that it's a tax based service, and not a regulated financial product.

If you are not happy with their response, the the courts are your next formal avenue, perhaps small claims court depending on the nature of the complaint.

Back