Contributing into an SSAS from a UK Ltd Company

catching_streams

Hi,

I've recently been made redundant in Ireland and have a lump sum in an Employer Pension Scheme that I want to use to purchase a property for investment. I am temporarily contracting in the UK via a Limited Company I've set up which I am the sole Director of. I am wondering is it possible to contribute into an Irish SSAS from my UK Company or should I set up a UK SSAS?

I do not have the Irish SSAS set up yet but would like to transfer the value from my old employer's scheme into one to access the funds. In order to do this I plan on setting up an Irish Ltd Company also and subsequently an Irish SSAS. Is this the most efficient way of doing this? I will be the sole Director of the UK company and joint Director of the Irish company (not set up yet).

Strategically, I want to combine the lump sum in my Irish Employers Scheme with the contributions from my UK company in two years time and use them to purchase a property in Ireland. With the current GPB/EUR FX rate, transferring my EUR funds to a UK SSAS is not an option.

Any feedback, much appreciated,
C.S.

Back