Competitor deliberately undercuts our quotes - Auditors Notes: trading at a loss.

There is a public body involved.... but if they insist on a tax clearance cert unprompted is questionable.
Point taken on the major shareholder/football chairman analogy.

It would be normal for Public bodies to insist on a tax clearance certificate when accepting tenders for a job.

No harm in proferring yours anyway together with last couple sets of accounts to show your solvency so that they know that if things get tough then your company can see it all through.

I'd agree with DB74, If its up on e-tenders then they will definitely require a tax clearance cert.

Good luck with it anyway

I agree with Brendans earlier post suggesting that you itemise your quotations so that when compared side by side with your competitors there is transprancy in yours.

In regards to the tax clearance, provide yours along with your insurance, safety docs, testimonials and references etc and let the quality of your submission speak for you.

Follow up your quotation with a call to the decision maker, and make sure you say " oh I include my up to date tax clearance as I am sure this will be necessary to qualify for the contract" and let it hang there.

Should send him checking his other submissions.

Back