Commuter Trains

B

Brynick

Is it just me or does the automated voice on these trains announcing the next stop get on peoples nerves. Maybe I'm a bit more irritable on the train coz it's so packed with no air and no room to move. More often than not the voice announces the wrong stop. Am I alone here!

Never noticed it annoucing the wrong stop, but it does stop a lot when its not supposed to between stations!

A typical Irish solution, rely on a verbal rather than visual solution. They need more prominent signs at each station - the London Underground is a good model for this. The recorded message CAN get out of synch with the geographical location, it's happened more than once on the Maynooth Arrow train into Connolly.

It's very annoying especially in a crowded train - it's a struggle to move to establish by checking the hard-to-see, small station name signs where the hell you are.

> Am I alone here!

Not quite - but not far off it judging by the responses... :)

Eircoach (?) the private operation that runs (very plush) busses (to and from Dublin airport, has the announcements linked to a GPS system...very cool. And let it be said a first class service ...well done.

Back