Coming out of restructure - PTSB can't say how much we SHOULD be paying

Joe90

Sorry if this is the wrong tread, we had trouble paying our mortgage in 2012/2013 and went into different arrangements during 2012/2013, including a moratorium on payments for a time. We ended up with arrears of €10K which were capitalised as part of a Part Capital and Interest Restructure Arrangement in 2014, with a review after 3 years.

Time has moved on, and we are now both working, have fewer costs and more income, so I rang PTSB this week to arrange for an appointment and Standard Financial Statement form to come out of this restructure and to go on full repayments. In the course of the conversation, I asked the PTSB staff member what we should be paying on our mortgage, but the refused to tell me! The reason given was that they could not tell me until they had all of my details. I have protested that this is irrelevant, as I am not asking if we can afford the proper payment just how much the repayments should be for a €300K 90% LTV mortgage with 284 months remaining. No dice from the PTSB representative, he says this is not covered under MARP, and they cannot advise the proper repayment figure on this mortgage for the remaining term until they are furnished with a SFS, payslips and bank statements.

I have also been told that they have not updated procedure for dealing with the withdrawal of original statements and replacement of online statements by BOI. This happened earlier this year, and they will not accept statement that I print of B365, as directed by Bank of Ireland following the withdrawal of the posted statement service. I have been asked to order duplicate statements by PTSB, and have today received a b&w photocopy of my statements for which BOI have charged €33.80.

Are PTSB being awkward here, or is there more to this? We desperately want to leave PTSB, as they are the worst of a bad lot, having treated the people they withdrew trackers from in a despicable manner. I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has had experience of efforts to break out of PTSB restructures.

What is the interest rate on new capital and interest agreement over the 284 months???

Perhaps it has not been decided.

The PTSB 80%-90% LTV is 4.2% that's €1,669 per month.

[broken link removed]

I rang PTSB this week to arrange for an appointment and Standard Financial Statement form to come out of this restructure and to go on full repayments.
PTSB response makes no sense given your request. I.e. If you are now in a position to meet full P&I repayments on the loan you are not availing of MARP and are effectively stating to PTSB that you are exiting MARP. In that context PTSB should merely point out the warning measure that you will need to be fully satisfied that you have the capacity to meet full P&I repayments and return you to that structure. Normally they will retain you under MARP protection for a 6 month period to assess your ability to meet the increased repayment structure and you will then exit MARP. You can still re-enter MARP if your financial circumstances deteriorate in the future. Advise them of this in writing!

I've had a similar answer from them about coming out of a 6 month moratorium. I spoke to the broker where I took out the mortgages and he told me my mortgage is up for review in August and they would probably write out to me then. Maybe yours is a similar situation

So I have this meeting with an advisor at PTSB on friday, and i am filling in the SFS today. I agree with 44Brendan that we should just notify the PTSB that we are cancelling arrangement and will be responsible for meeting full repayments ourselves, but they refuse to play ball without going through the interview and SFS procedure. As things currently stand we are comfortably paying €750 every fortnight, making a monthly payment of €1650 when multiplied by 26.09 and divided by 12. This should indicate no issue to PTSB to cancel the interest and part-capital facility and go back on full repayments.

Any advice on what to say at the meeting? I was going to spoof them with a "we have a mortgage-in-principle with AIB", to maybe have some leverage but worry that I might be caught out if the delve further into this on Credit Bureau.....

Back