Coming out of a fixed term mortgage after 3 yrs amt outstanding is 240k: legal fees?

dody

I am coming out of a fixed term mortgage after 3 yrs. amount outstanding is 240k. i have contacted the 3 major irish banks and am in the process of comparing. i also contacted a broker who is looking for me to pay 1000 legal fees. the banks i contacted were not looking for the fees to be paid by customer. any ideas?

Re: legal fees

"the banks i contacted were not looking for the fees to be paid by customer."

Was the bank going to pay your legal fees for you to switch your mortgage from another lender to them?

It is not just a question of someone changing the name of the lender on the mortgage - it is more complex than that.

The broker is not going to pay these legal fees - they will be your responsibility. You should compare the rates on offer and then work out if it makes more sense to move to a new lender or stick with your current lender.

mf

None of the banks as far as I know are offering to pay any legal fees for switchers. The banks aren't "looking for" customers to pay legal fees because it's the customer's responsibility in any case - it's not a responsibility of the bank that they then pass on to the customer - it's your banana.

Sprite

i am aware it is "more complex". ulster bank will pay all legal fees. boi and aib will contribute more than half
i am aware the rate is the key issue

AIB are giving €1200 towards switcher mortgages at the moment. Apparently they are eager to get them at this moment in time.

Back