Closure date will be missed

T

TinpotTimmy

Hi There,

I am buying a property which we were due to close on just before Christmas, minimal notice given of 1st completion date. A completion notice was issued subsequently by the developer's solicitor for Friday, 19th, Jan.

My lending institution is largely to blame as the person I was dealing with was on holiday for 3 weeks over Chrisrmas which slowed the whole process up bigtime as they had no backup (Can we tell this to the judge ?:)).

Anyway, the cheque wont be issued until next week (at the earliest.) My solicitor has been in contact with theirs saying we are just waiting for the cheque with everything else signed, he says we should be ok.

Has anyone been here before ? Should I be worrying about losing my deposit at this stage ?

Could I give my solicitor a cheque for same amount and forward date it to Jan 31st say ? Is that an option ?

Just a little worried.

Thanks, Tinpot

Hi There,

I am buying a property which we were due to close on just before Christmas, minimal notice given of 1st completion date. A completion notice was issued subsequently by the developer's solicitor for Friday, 19th, Jan.

My lending institution is largely to blame as the person I was dealing with was on holiday for 3 weeks over Chrisrmas which slowed the whole process up bigtime as they had no backup (Can we tell this to the judge ?:)).

Anyway, the cheque wont be issued until next week (at the earliest.) My solicitor has been in contact with theirs saying we are just waiting for the cheque with everything else signed, he says we should be ok.

Has anyone been here before ? Should I be worrying about losing my deposit at this stage ?

Could I give my solicitor a cheque for same amount and forward date it to Jan 31st say ? Is that an option ?

Just a little worried.

Thanks, Tinpot

I would say trust your solicitor. He has been talking to theirs and seems happy enough. I would imagine the developer would be flexible to an extent.

Back