Clerys workers - financial settlement

Deiseblue

A big shout out to the former workers and their Union Siptu whose doggedness forced Natrium into both a financial settlement and an agreement on future local employment in which the former 135 workers will be given a " process to recognise " their previous service .

A big shout out to the former workers and their Union Siptu whose doggedness forced Natrium into both a financial settlement and an agreement on future local employment in which the former 135 workers will be given a " process to recognise " their previous service .

I'm not sure it was the union, more like Ms Foley getting caught by the short & curlies..

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0321/861373-clerys

However the Workplace Relations Commission started an investigation, which included the seizure of documents from the offices of Ms Foley's company D2 Private.

During a subsequent court hearing the WRC stated it had evidence that the High Court had been "misled" during the original liquidation application.

Ms Foley denied the allegations. The WRC investigation is ongoing.

The WRC investigation is ongoing.

The report referenced by you concludes that the deal was done as a result of SIPTU 's decision to object to Natrium's planning application.

The WRC investigation is ongoing.

The report referenced by you concludes that the deal was done as a result of SIPTU 's decision to object to Natrium's planning application.

I find it interesting that a union could object to a planning process in general.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy for the workers here as I think it's clear to all they were shafted. This looks to me what unions were set up for. I see the taxpayer has footed the bill for statutory redundancy of 2.5m - I would hope we could get some/all of that back too.

Back