Clear Mobile

MrEarl

Hello,

How are people finding Clear Mobile, as a mobile phone service provider?

I see that they run on the Vodafone 4G Network (I think they are actually owned by Vodafone), so I would expect an identical signal strength, but I'm wondering about reliability, any service issues, any limitations on features compared to Vodafone packages etc.

Thank you.

Not a customer of clear mobile for the reason of the limited 5Mbps speeds they give so having 4G does not matter due to this limit. I when for Vodafone x offer with speed limited 10Mpbs which ticked my box.

My partner is a Clear Mobile customer (he's not a data user, so the speed doesn't bother him). He's found the service reliable, especially as he lives in an area which can have patchy reception from the O2/Three network operators.
He had been on a postmobile package, costing €20 per month, so is saving €7 per month for the same service (for him - as mentioned, data isn't an issue).

Have you had any issues getting through on chat? I was intending to move to reduce my bill but I can't get in touch with anyone. I also tried Gomo but no joy getting the code to move my number.

I know a few with 48 who have no problems, so I moved to 48 and had to leave. I was frequently getting ‘’no network available’’ where I could not make or receive calls even though herself who was with Three directly, would be with me and have full signal.

48 is worth trying, with no contract it will only cost €10.99 to find out if it works for you.

I’m now with AnPost mobile for €15 monthly, they use the Vodafone network and I have had no problems since.

Three's network is non existent where I live (a densely populated, long established, Dublin suburb) - so its Vodafone, Clear or An Post.

Eir's reputation for customer service is so bad, that I'd rather connect two plastic cups with a piece of string, then consider doing business with them.

That's why I've only asked about Clear - have seen reports on An Post, and have fist hand experience with Vodafone.

I've just signed up to Clear Mobile thinking it would be similar to my current (good) Vodafone service, but cheaper at 15e/ month! However reviews online are scathing.... should i cut and run as I'm in the 'cool down' period?

How are people finding Clear Mobile, as a mobile phone service provider?
Hi, did you switch in the end?
Similar to yourself, I spend a lot of time in an area where the Vodafone network provides more reliable reception than others, but wondering if the Clear option is as reliable (noting that there is a cap on data speeds).

Hope you all have never to rely on their customer care. It is non existent when any thing goes wrong. It has taken over a month after taking up their offer to get to a point of resolving an issue.

They failed in the porting over of my No which was very important to me. I made contact with them on numerous occasions on a daily basis. They never rang me back once despite promising to do so. I was given a number instead which was a number invented by them. Told them that I was going to Comreg if the matter was not sorted. I was then " blocked" from their "customer care tel no "

Contacted Comreg and outlined my complaint and after a week or so Vodafone who own them and whom I was with contacted and are now promising to have my no restored. Only for Comreg I would not have got any response.

I have heard since of several acquaintances of mine having had a similar experience with Clearmobile in relation to having their no ported over over correctly. I will see next week how the matter is dealt with finally.

An awful experience without a hint of an apology

Hi, did you switch in the end?
Similar to yourself, I spend a lot of time in an area where the Vodafone network provides more reliable reception than others, but wondering if the Clear option is as reliable (noting that there is a cap on data speeds).

Hi RedOnion,

Sorry for the delayed response, the day job has been hampering my time online, of late, I'm afraid :-(

No, I didn't change, as I need WiFi calling to maintain any sort of reliable service, and only Vodafone and one other provider (Eir, who I wouldn't have any confidence in) were providing same, when I enquired. Very frustrating, and really not good enough from the mobile network providers, but they get away with it due to a very weak Regulator :mad:

Just as an update to the call I received from Vodafone re my problem wit porting my No. I received the call 9 days ago that a new sim card was being sent out to me and that when I would insert this card my number would be ported over correctly.
I have to date received no card even though I was told it was being posted out immediately.
Comreg are allowing the mobile operators to dictate how they operate the service to customers.

Sadly, ComReg are less than useless, when it comes to looking after the consumer :-(

Have you tried going into a Vodafone store, to see if they'll give you a new SIM, over the counter?

- I'd suggest that you don't tell them the reason why you need to get it, just that you've been told by their support that you need a new one.

Further update on my ClearMobile porting of my no. Got my no eventually ported over correctly today after only 6 weeks. Only that ComReg got involved I would have had to put up with the no that ClearMobile created for me.
ClearMobile only provide a "chat " system in customer care
ClearMobile customer care is useless if you have an issue
ComReg are totally " toothless " and allowed in my case ClearMobile to operate at their pace. Their was no interest from ComReg in sanctioning ClearMobile for their behaviour.
I have learned of many instances of failures to port No correctly.
If your original No is important to you Please stay away from ClearMobile.

Back