Clear guide for parties facing repossession proceedings

Matthew Moore

Not sure if it has been posted before but I have found this guide very helpful and easy to understand. I think a big reason for the lack of people showing up for proceedings is a deep fear of this unknown alien process.

[broken link removed]

It seems to me that what actually happens in practice is substantially different to what's set out in those guidelines.

It seems to me that what actually happens in practice is substantially different to what's set out in those guidelines.

Which parts?

I have found it to be a very practical guide, especially in terms or lingo and procedure. I can imagine there is a huge subjective element once the process evolves but as somebody who is about to enter the courts system, I've found it very useful.

[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

The formal guidelines suggest that a borrower who intends to defend must file an appearance and then affidavits etc. and then judgements are based largely on affidavits. In practice the county registrar will let you say what you want and by all account so will a judge if you end up being moved to the judges list, and you don't even have to file an appearance.

Back