Civil service mileage rates

contemporary

Just wondering if i can calculate my milegae rates for the year and then take it as a lump sum at the end of the year?

if do 10,000 business miles a year, can i take the CSMR payment in one lump sum at the end of the year

Are you talking about expenses from a company or self-employment or civil service? Still :confused:

Provided it is your own car (rather than the company's) and you pay all the expenses on it, you can.

However, you are required to prepare expense reports showing where you travelled and why. Only business mileage is allowable (so travel to and from work isn't).

there's no problem drawing your expenses at year-end, or even in the following years if that suits you - essentially it is an employer (your company) reimbursing an employee (you) for business-related expenses and there's no requirement for this to happen in a particular period.

i presume you're familiar with the rates but just in case, here are the current rates (from 1 July 2007);

Up to 6,437km 6,438km and over
Engine Capacity: Up to 1,200 cc 52.16 cent 26.97 cent
Engine Capacity: 1,201 cc to 1,500 cc 61.66 cent 30.96 cent
Engine Capacity: 1,501 cc and over 78.32 cent 36.65 cent

note that rates are now published in kilometres rather than miles, and the first 6,437km per annum are at the high rate with everything over that at the lower rate.

Rgds

podowd
www.prima.ie

Provided it is your own car (rather than the company's) and you pay all the expenses on it, you can.

However, you are required to prepare expense reports showing where you travelled and why. Only business mileage is allowable (so travel to and from work isn't).

I do that anyway, so one lump sum is ok? handy arounds xmas :)

Back