Civil Service Lists

legend99

Hi
Say PublicJobs.ie advertise like they did last week for Executive Officers. Lets say they do the exam in Sep, interview the top 30 in October and rank those people 1 to 30 in October 2005.
Then lets say they interview the next 30 in June 2006 as they have offered everyone in the first 30 places a position. So now in June 2006 they interview people in places 31 to 60 after the exam in October 2005. They then rank those people after this interview in August 2006.

Now people routinely say that those lists are valid for 2 years. So in the above example, are the lists valid for 2 years from September 2005 because thats when the original closing date was, or are the people placed 31 to 60 on a list that is valid for 2 years from August 2006, i.e., are the lists valid for 2 years from the time of being put together, or will the process restart in September 2007, 2 years after the previous recruitment campaign???

Thanks

sorry for bumping this guys...i know someone will kick my ass, but does anyone know or should I just go and ring publicjobs? Its for someone close to me I am trying to find out...

The list is usually 2 years form the recruitment campaign, somtimes the panel can be extended for variuos reasons (no new panel ready etc) but generally the whole recruitment process would be a two year cycle and if you are still on the panel when it closes you need to reapply for the new panel.

mts said:
The list is usually 2 years form the recruitment campaign, somtimes the panel can be extended for variuos reasons (no new panel ready etc) but generally the whole recruitment process would be a two year cycle and if you are still on the panel when it closes you need to reapply for the new panel.

Cheers MTS...I'll pass that message on. Thanks for that...could be tight for the person I know....currently number 4 on the panel but the campaign was advertised in March 2004.

I would think that they would recruit 4 EO's between now and March '06 if the panel runs that long. At this stage the closing date of the panel should be known so if your friend rings the Public Appointments Service they should be able to let them know when they expect to close the panel and what chances there is of being called before then. If they are not forthcoming with the information hassling them usually works.

its actually someone I know who was going for CSO...the recrutiment ad started in March 04.

Back