Cheap flights to Spain?

Hansen

Does anyone know of the cheapest routes from Dublin or Cork to Spain without paying into Michael O'Leary 's pocket?

Thanks didn't think of that option. I'd prefer to get there faster and fly if possible. Maybe fly/drive

Like PaddyW I find that sky scanner is a wonderful site Hansen. Occasionally on my travels to Spain I have booked flights via skyscanner and found that if you are willing to stopover in gatwick for a few hours or occassionally overnight, very cheap flights can then connect you 'al continente'. Hope this helps!

Thanks for that boeing777 I'd consider a stopover for a few hours but I couldn't overnight in an air terminal no matter how cheap the flights are!

Understandable! It's not for everyone, but certainly a way to watch the pocket. There are many cost effective ways to occupy your time there -I thoroughly enjoy watching people's interactions, predicting flight delays and watching planes take off. The time flies by if you pardon the pun!

Seriously,you'd consider overnighting in some UK airport just to save literally a few quid!?
Have you added in the cost of food and drinks in these overpriced palaces to come out with a real saving?

Ryanair have relatively cheap flights to Madrid. You can get the airport bus to the Atocha train station in Madrid where you can get a train to almost anywhere in Spain. Again relatively cheaply. You will save money but lose on time.

Like PaddyW I find that sky scanner is a wonderful site Hansen. Occasionally on my travels to Spain I have booked flights via skyscanner and found that if you are willing to stopover in gatwick for a few hours or occassionally overnight, very cheap flights can then connect you 'al continente'. Hope this helps!

How is that cheap if you've to lose a day? ! ?

Understandable! It's not for everyone, but certainly a way to watch the pocket. There are many cost effective ways to occupy your time there -I thoroughly enjoy watching people's interactions, predicting flight delays and watching planes take off. The time flies by if you pardon the pun!

I'd pay not to do that. Hate airports.

Does anyone know of the cheapest routes from Dublin or Cork to Spain without paying into Michael O'Leary 's pocket?

In case you don't know Michael is now showing us his kinder nicer side. I don't think the 5 Euro on the 100 Euro flight he will now lose on you will really hit his pocket do you?

Seriously,you'd consider overnighting in some UK airport just to save literally a few quid!?
Have you added in the cost of food and drinks in these overpriced palaces to come out with a real saving?
Each to their own. Like I said it's not for everyone. I enjoy spending time in airports, just as others have their hobbies. Its merely an option!

How is that cheap if you've to lose a day? ! ?
I find that perspective interesting. However I choose to live my life in a positive manner and actively participate in each part of it. I don't lose a day, I gain an experience. For those of us who do not travel to Spain for a quick holiday, the process of travelling and seeking out different routes and potential deals is part of the enjoyment. It's simply my experience and not for everyone.

I have to agree with Boeing777. I enjoy the research of finding the cheap flight/hotel, the different route, not getting the taxi from the airport, finding new places en route.

You can fly Ryanair from Dublin to Almeria and have a choice of various resorts within an hour of the airport. If you want to go via the UK then add in Monarch and Easyjet.

Costa Almeria has the warmest and driest climate of mainland Spain. You can even choose low rise resorts.

Back