Laya Changing from Laya Company Care Plus?

AlanMac

Hi all, I'm renewing shortly for my parents (mid 70s) and myself, and the price of this plan has risen sharply. I searched the forum and found that someone on Company Care Plus was advised to change to Company Care No Excess, but the price of that seems to have risen too since the advice was given! What are my best options here? Thanks in advance!

Have a look at Laya Simplicity which is €700 per person cheaper:
[broken link removed]

I have family members in same age bracket as your parents who I switched onto this plan.

There are some earlier threads on this forum on its merits. The main being that while you have to pay the first 2 hospital visits excesses, it is capped at that amount.

Thanks for that, I compared the two and Simplicity does indeed seem much better value. One concern I have is that on the hia website they have Company Care Plus giving a 50% refund on MRI, CT and PET-CT in non-direct centres (under radiology), whereas there is no mention of this for Simplicity. Does this mean that Simplicity gives no cover for an MRI in a non-direct centre, i.e. St Vincents Private?

AlanMac,

Just to confirm, 50% refund applies for radiology in non-direct payment centres i.e. St Vincents Private, as part of your annual outpatient claim.
Note; this plan has a 100euro excess for outpatient cover, which means the first 100 is not allowed, or 100 euro is deducted from your overall
outpatient claim.

The HIA lists most features of plans, but doesn't list everything on its site. Its always advisable to look at the website for more detailed info.

https://www.layahealthcare.ie/productsandservices/plan/scheme/simplicity

The above link shows a detailed list of 'everyday medical expenses'. When you click on this heading, half way down it shows
'Radiologist fees(Professional fees) - 50% of costs, also further on down the list it shows 'Radiology diagnostic test(Technical fees) 50% of costs.

I also confirmed this information with Laya Healthcare.

There is also full cover in the direct payment scan centres as shown here.
https://www.layahealthcare.ie/formembers/directpaymentcentresegmrictdexascans/

Regards, Snowyb

That's great, I've changed the three of us to Simplicity. Thank you both very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Back