Changes in upcoming budget

davep

The €225k inheritance for children has been flagged to possibly change in October. Is there a possible move to increase the allowance for nephews etc? Would it be ok to hold off on a sale of a property until October to gain from the possible tax increase.

Surely the valuation for CAT purposes arises at date of death, not at any subsequent sale of the inherited asset?

Sorry my post might be slightly confusing. I wondered about a possible increase in the amount of the tax free inheritance for others other than son/ daughter. I understand it's 225k for them but only 33k for niece/ nephew

It would be good if they do begin to return back to the rates that applied in 2009. Never liked the way a family puts a home together from after tax earnings throughout their life and then their last act on this earth is to leave it to their family and loved ones only to have the Taxman grab another chunk. :mad:

When you do get your crystal ball bring it along to the minister for finance and drop it on his foot;)

Back