Change of status credits

DocOc

Hi. I am wondering if “change of status credits” should be visible on the Dept. of Social Protection social insurance statement record? Thanks.

I asked the prsi records about change of status credits. I was advised thst thus would only be looked at when I apply for the pension.
Not an acceptable response in my opinion. It’s important to Know if these change of status credits have been applied and how many. I’m also looking at this option and we will only be told if we qualify when we apply for the potential pension. 10 years contributions are required to claim any contributory pension, prior to the addition of any change of status credits. Surely it can’t be that difficult to include these contributions on the contributions statement. Has anyone pre 95 retired from public sector, worked for just one week and then had proof of change of status credits being applied and then started to pay voluntary P. R. S.I.

Not an acceptable response in my opinion. It’s important to Know if these change of status credits have been applied and how many. I’m also looking at this option and we will only be told if we qualify when we apply for the potential pension. 10 years contributions are required to claim any contributory pension, prior to the addition of any change of status credits. Surely it can’t be that difficult to include these contributions on the contributions statement. Has anyone pre 95 retired from public sector, worked for just one week and then had proof of change of status credits being applied and then started to pay voluntary P. R. S.I.
Don't worry about getting your change of status credits. They are an entitlement and if they are not automatically added for your pension calculation you can make an appeal.
I was pre 95 and worked 1 week. I had change of status credits added for the full year of my retirement and for the following full year.

I ceased employment on 31st of December and took up 1 weeks class A employment in the summer of the following year.
I received change of status credits for my retirement year and for the complete following year despite the fact that I had no Prsi contributions for approximately half of that year.

You don't need proof of change of status credits in order to start making voluntary contributions. Your 1 class A and 519 modified contributions will qualify you.

Last edited:
Don't worry about getting your change of status credits. They are an entitlement and if they are not automatically added for your pension calculation you can make an appeal.
I was pre 95 and worked 1 week. I had change of status credits added for the full year of my retirement and for the following full year.

I ceased employment on 31st of December and took up 1 weeks class A employment in the summer of the following year.
I received change of status credits for my retirement year and for the complete following year despite the fact that I had no Prsi contributions for approximately half of that year.

You don't need proof of change of status credits in order to start making voluntary contributions. Your 1 class A and 519 modified contributions will qualify you.
Thanks S Class that’s good to know

Good to know S class. I finished paying a d stamp in Jan 2018 and paid an a stamp starting in Nov 2019. I thought that I would not get much for change of status because of the gap. Will have to look at it again

Back