Change Name when emigrating to avoid creditors

I know I'm asking a lot and giving little info, apologies, am scared that the banks may be perusing these pages and the wrong little bit of info could probably identify me, Ireland is tiny in this respect imo.

I wouldn't be so worried, it's easy for you to 'hide' the details, just tell us you're in Donegal when you're in Kerry, say the house is in Galway when it's in Dublin etc. The banks are inundated with people like you and unable to cope, you are just a number. Unless you are telling us you owe millions. I pressume we're talking south of 1/2 mil ?

Thanks for input, the bank's legal firm has suggested liability for legal fee's of approx 3k should I contest it.
How long do you think it might be possible to drag it out for?

That's a very naive statement. Going to the High Court could be many many multiples of that, then there's all the sneaky bits, in the small print. Interest on interest on interest, penalties, charges, all sorts.

That's a very naive statement. Going to the High Court could be many many multiples of that, then there's all the sneaky bits, in the small print. Interest on interest on interest, penalties, charges, all sorts.
Thanks, yeah I'm here to get clued in.

i wouldn't be so worried, it's easy for you to 'hide' the details, just tell us you're in donegal when you're in kerry, say the house is in galway when it's in dublin etc. The banks are inundated with people like you and unable to cope, you are just a number. Unless you are telling us you owe millions. I pressume we're talking south of 1/2 mil ?
200-250

I know I'm asking a lot and giving little info, apologies, am scared that the banks may be perusing these pages and the wrong little bit of info could probably identify me, Ireland is tiny in this respect imo.

That's an angle I'd be thinking too. Maybe not the banks per say, but debt collectors, private detectives etc. Even your talk about changing your name here on the public Internet, could give a clue to someone about finding you in the future.

I am sympathetic to your plight but you should just grasp the metal and get on with your escape plans. I know these things are sometimes easier said than done.

Back