Car vehicle registration problem

Andreirosse58

Hi I went to a dealer in Ireland over two weeks ago and trade in my car for a new one. He test drove and the deal was done. he said to me that he will send me my vehicle registration certificate by doing it online.
I physically gave him the certificate for my car and of course a bank draft.
He issued me with the sales receipt.
A couple of days later he tried to contact me and tell me that he will return my original car back and to give him back the new car.
Obviously this was not going to happen as the deal had been done.
To date I have not received my vehicle certificate and he said that he is not going to give it to me any idea what I can do to get my vehicle registration certificate without having to contact the dealer please thanks

You need to sort this with the dealer as they need to complete the registration to transfer ownership to you.

Are the dealer SIMI registered? If so, submit a complaint to them.

Ok thanks, but I don't know if that will work either and I have to do my NCT soon is there any other way that I can get it ?

No, the dealer must sign to register the transfer of ownership. Whatever about NCT, you will not be able to sell that car without it.

You have a receipt for payment of goods , the deal is done ,The dealer has to keep his side of it . A solicitor letter will solve it if don't.

You have a receipt for payment of goods , the deal is done ,The dealer has to keep his side of it . A solicitor letter will solve it if don't.
Best course of action. Merely suggest it or court action and you should get documents fairly quickly

Back