Car Insurance - Crazy Situation

yupyaboyo

Here we go...each year I try to find the best insurance, this years seems alot more difficult.

Details:
Husband (36, 8+ yrs no claims, 10+ years driving, 2 penalty points)
Wife (36, 8+ yrs no claims, 10+ yrs driving, no penalty points)
Car: BMW 320 05 1.9 worth 5k
Mileage: 11k a year
Note: I haven't compared a breakdown of items i.e. claims protection, excess etc...already have AA membership.

Renewal is with Allianz for 482, FBD came back with 454 but with no claims protection on this.

Quotes from other companies
- Chill 690e
- 123.ie 862
- One Direct 853
- 25plus.ie 574
- Blue Insurance, site says they cant insure me
- NoNonsense 650
- Aviva - over a 1000
- Axa - 666
- Liberty Insurance - 676

Am I nuts but these prices are crazy!

J

Actually very interesting that NoNonsense - the No Frills brand of FBD is more expensive than FBD.

When I was quoting - I had variations in price of 300%! Allianz were best for me - but every year it changes!

Renewal is with Allianz for 482, FBD came back with 454 but with no claims protection on this.

Am I nuts but these prices are crazy!

Anything under €500 is good value these days. Car Insurance in general has gone up this year. What was your premium last year?

123.ie is not an insurance company, they are a tied broker to RSA. Try RSA through a broker.

If you bank with AIB, try AXA through AIB or another broker

Chill, OneDirect, 25plus.ie are all brokers.

Try a local family-friendly broker, there's at least one that posts here!

I got an extremely reasonable quote from.[broken link removed] .They may be worth a try.

Edit:Using the details furnished and a few educated guesses,the premium I got was €388 fully comp

Last edited:
Back