Car insurance - check before renewal!!!

sabrina

A word of warning be for renewing you car insurance!!!

I have been with Quinn Direct Car insurance for past 4 years and i just got my renewal 514.77 (full comp). I though great its down a wee bit. But i was just quoted 417.80 when i went on to their on-line quotes! i put in the exact info as they have!!! So i rang them up and they said they could not quote me over the phone. i would have to leave my details and they will re-quote me by post, but they could not gaurantee that it would be the same price that i was quoted on-line!!!

Unbelievable...... so i told them thanks, but no thanks and i have got a great deal with Tesco including alot more covered than Quinn Direct.

The same happened to me with Hibernian. I couldn't believe it. They told me there was an online discount. I was with them 5 years and they couldn't quote me the same down the phone! So I re entered my deatils and got the same cover for 80euro cheaper! So a word of warning to all!

It supposed to be for new customers this online quoting etc. However. There is a way around it -hehe
Tell them you are changing insurers and that you want your proof of no claims if you haven't already got it. Do the quote online and when you get all the blurb send back your proposal to them with their own proof of no claims!

Bit unfair but if they are going to treat existing customers like that i'd say to hell with it and do it this way!

Update on original post.

Went with Tesco Car Insurance and i am amazed at the level of customer service... had forms in 2 days which included my insurance disk for 1st month (which you pay by credit card) and i opt for Direct Debit each month after... very smooth process and packaged included roadside assistance etc so it saves me having to join AA Road/RAC etc!!! Well worth checking out if you renewal is due soon.... safe driving :)

sabrina said:
Update on original post.

Went with Tesco Car Insurance and i am amazed at the level of customer service... had forms in 2 days which included my insurance disk for 1st month (which you pay by credit card) and i opt for Direct Debit each month after... very smooth process and packaged included roadside assistance etc so it saves me having to join AA Road/RAC etc!!! Well worth checking out if you renewal is due soon.... safe driving :)

or hiberian as they are other wise known, all tesco is done through them i believe. i asked for a quote and it said i had to do ignation course for car over 1600cc, thats the hiberian course isn't it ?????

Except one directs quotes are much dearer than Tescos for the same details entered. In my case over 20% dearer.

Quote started with hib for 860 off my usual broker ,tried to get them to lower and told that was best quote, Went to another broker and he tried several companies and came back with a quote for 560 off axa, went back to hib broker and he couldn't figure out why so he rang hib and gave me insurance for 540 due to the fact I have other vehicles with them,"who's codding who" .

got a quote EUR 100 cheaper than any others through AA - including insure.ie, 123.ie and sites of insurers - same policy from other sources/brokers was over EUR 100 more.

Back