Motor Car Insurance - Anyone feedback on Footprint?

DreamingOf

Hi all,

My car insurance is up for renewal and guess like everyone else, it has increased so much compared to last year.
I contacted Chill Insurance for a quote and they gave me a best quotation from 'Footprint'.
It is about 20% cheaper than my current quote.

I never heard of them before and would like to ask if anyone has?
And has anyone actually used them?
Especially, if anyone unfortunately had to make a claim - how are they to deal with? [Thinking worst case scenario!]

I'm open to correction on this, I think the Chill insurance agent mentioned that they are/could be underwritten by Zenith.

Searching online - it looks like they are Dublin based and founded in 2013.
However, their .ie website is 'under construction'. I'm wondering if thats a 'red flag' or is it just something they've never got round to..
I do see a .co.uk website - however I'm not sure if they are related.

Any thoughts and information is more than welcome

Thanks in advance

Looking at their policy document:

"Footprint Underwriting Limited t/a Footprint Underwriting is registered in Ireland.
Footprint Underwriting Limited t/a Footprint Underwriting is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland."

I've never heard of them, having just gone through the pain of getting a new round of quotes. I'm not saying that's necessarily bad (or good) but just be cautious.

I renewed (tomorrow) with my current insurer AIB/AXA after fruitless searching for significantly better deals.

Back