Car Damage

joeysully

This morning i found my RHS mirror on the the ground alongside the car. someone ripped it off and just left it there. if they actually took it because they needed it, i think i wouldnt be so upset. they tried to tear the other one off as well but failed. I push both mirrors in every night and push down the ariel to make them stand out less.
My flatmate stopped bringing her car down to cork as it got vandalized several times. Both mirrors ripped off, rear window smashed and someon tried to steal it as well on a fri afternoon.

While this is all very bad my main concern is safety. I my way to work i had no rear sight on my RHS and had to drive through three 3 lane rounabouts to get to work.

I had a similar problem with my mirror recently and because it is so dangerous to driver without your side view mirror, I called the main dealer to get a new mirror but they didn't have any in stock! I couldn't believe it! I had to go to a glass company and get some mirror cut to tape to the mirror. Incidentally, I had my NCT the same week (and the genuine mirror still hadn't come in) and I still passed my NCT! With a piece of mirror taped onto the old mirror! Def. not complaining!

Sorry-what is the issue here?

Are you wondering where to get a replacement mirror, or if you actually need one at all, or how to prevent this happening again?

Or is this just a Letting off Steam thread in the wrong forum?

Lorz said:
I had a similar problem with my mirror recently and because it is so dangerous to driver without your side view mirror, I called the main dealer to get a new mirror but they didn't have any in stock! I couldn't believe it! I had to go to a glass company and get some mirror cut to tape to the mirror. Incidentally, I had my NCT the same week (and the genuine mirror still hadn't come in) and I still passed my NCT! With a piece of mirror taped onto the old mirror! Def. not complaining!

Think ill go to the scrap yard this evening and get one ther it'll be a bit cheaper, cause i dont think this will be the only part that'll come off.
think i'll sit up next thu night with a cordless angle grinder and if anybody goes a t it again i'll just go outside the door and start it up. Might give them a fright. Its not thugs that are doing it its just piss heads who prob wake up in the morning and ask themselve why they did it. spotted a couple of lads at the back window of a ccar near my hse last week at around 1 o clock i slowed down and had a look and they all ran off, trying to take the wiper off so they were.

hey thers a thought might just greese the underneath of the mirror?

CCOVICH said:
Sorry-what is the issue here?

Are you wondering where to get a replacement mirror, or if you actually need one at all, or how to prevent this happening again?

Or is this just a Letting off Steam thread in the wrong forum?

Not lettin off steam trying to find out hoe to avoid getting car damaged at night.

Yes i know put it in a garage is the obvious one but some dont have that option

Back