Cannot get a mortgage statement from Pepper

Whazzuupp

Anyone know if its a regulation to get a statement yearly for your mortgage. Got mixed to pepper January last year rang them up three weeks ago to get one and still waiting.

Anyone know if its a regulation to get a statement yearly for your mortgage.
Yes, annually.
Got mixed to pepper January last year
What does this mean?
rang them up three weeks ago to get one and still waiting.
Could still be early days by banks' standards.
Maybe call them again to check on what's happening?
Be aware that it looks like they'll charge for an on-demand statement:

Yes, annually.

What does this mean?

Could still be early days by banks' standards.
Maybe call them again to check on what's happening?
Be aware that it looks like they'll charge for an on-demand statement:
Sorry it was meant to say I got moved to pepper last January. Will give them a buzz in the morning again cheers

I had to keep requesting one finally got one last year. I hadn’t had one since 2019. Still waiting for last years

I’m after making at least 8 calls since Jan to request 2022 and 2023 statements so I can claim mortgage relief . I’ve been told on the phone that “Your statements were sent this morning” and “I’m sending your statement in the post today” on more than one occasion. It’s beyond a joke at this stage as I’m basically been lied to on the phone . I’d be interested to know if anyone has had a similar experience.

Last edited:
Hello,

I seem to recall issues, in previous years.

This thread has reminded me that I need to chase up documentation, to support a claim for relief on mortgage interest... so, thank you!

For those with access to their mortgage, via Pepper's online service - you can request statements and intetest certs, via their online message service.

I got moved (sold) to pepper 2 years ago, I asked why I didn’t get an annual statement after the first year and they said, “We are not a bank, and we don’t give statements” out of the blue a year later I got a statement in may for the previous 9 months…It don’t make sense….but I find them very difficult to deal with when I phone them.

I’m after making at least 8 calls since Jan to request 2022 and 2023 statements so I can claim mortgage relief . I’ve been told on the phone that “Your statements were sent this morning” and “I’m sending your statement in the post today” on more than one occasion. It’s beyond a joke at this stage as I’m basically been lied to on the phone . I’d be interested to know if anyone has had a similar experience.
I was waiting months on statements from Pepper and eventually when I did receive them they were wrong-couldn’t make them out! Mistakes debited and credited! And yes lied to also on a few occasions!! Absolutely beyond a joke!!

Need to complain to the Central Bank - if they get enough grief, they'll act!

Need to complain to the Central Bank - if they get enough grief, they'll act!
Central bank do nothing- no power!! What you need to do is record them telling you lies and tell them you’re recording them!!!

For those with access to their mortgage, via Pepper's online service - you can request statements and intetest certs, via their online message service.
Ha, one of my many times on the phone to pepper, they told me that these messages arent received by them, basically they disappear into the ether!

Ha, one of my many times on the phone to pepper, they told me that these messages arent received by them, basically they disappear into the ether!

That's disgraceful, if true...

As of today, no sign of my documentation, btw :(

Got moved to pepper from start in January 2022 and have not received an annual mortgage statement since. Start were excellent sent them out every year without requesting them but pepper just empty promises bar once an interim statement which is no use for switching purposes. This week i received a letter to say they are putting the interest rate up by 1.25% to 4.25% supposedly because of ecb changes it's not much as mortgage now less than 80k but concerned it could be one of many increases - mortgage is in credit and haven't been in arrears for several years. Would a solicitors letter work for getting official statements is there legislation that I could quote?

Hi Daenis

Send the correspondence to the Central Bank.

Address it to the Governor who claimed that up to 52,000 could switch from vulture funds but he implied that they couldn't be bothered.

As this is a barrier to switching they should be interested.

They won't reply to you other than to acknowledge it, but they will investigate the system generally.

Brendan

We took our original mortgage out with Start in 2007, fell into arrears following the crash when interest went up to 10.9%. Interest eventually went back down to 6.9%. 2017 start pressured us into making an arrangement or they were going to seek repossession even though arrears were minimal 1.5 months - the house was out of negative equity then - arrears were cleared and arrangement was for 13 years 3% variable and fixed repayment which start kept to and pepper have up to now. With only 6 years remaining now and in credit the only explanation is that pepper want to make something on it. The extra 1.25% I can afford if it climbs higher then I might have a problem.

With only 6 years remaining now and in credit the only explanation is that pepper want to make something on it.

This week i received a letter to say they are putting the interest rate up by 1.25% to 4.25%

You took out a sub-prime loan.
You went into arrears.
They gave you a rate of 3% for the last 7 years.
They are now charging you 4.25%

The recent increase is just back to market rates.

You might be able to switch, but I doubt you would get a much lower rate.

Having said that, if they push the rates up further and you go into arrears, you won't be able to switch, so maybe switching is a good idea.

Get a copy of your credit rating. I suspect it will show your mortgage as restructured which would be a further barrier to switching.

Brendan

Back