Cancelling a flight ticket.

Yellow_flower

Around a month ago I began to make arrangements for a holiday. I got an eticket through usit, travelling with Malaysia Airlines to Australia. There's a little under two months to the departure date. The eticket is for 3 people.

There's a slight change of plans. One person is unable to travel now due to a doctor's advice.

Does anyone have experience of cancelling a flight ticket?

I can't find much online about this situation. I read the invoices and the etickets sent to my email. There's not a lot on cancellations there. One small line - Cancellations: non refundable, it says.

There's something else too. Instead of cancelling, would it be possible to transfer the ticket to another person. There's was another person due to travel but couldn't in the end, maybe if the ticket is transferrable and flight costs covered for him, he might change his mind.

I'll probably call into us it when I'm free next Saturday or email them during the week but I'd like to have some sort of a vague idea all the same.

Thanks

"Cancellations: Non-refundable"

Hard to say really...they should probably be clearer regarding their cancellation and refund policy.

Contact usit directly. You can get a name change on a ticket for a cost. Usit will let you know how much. While your ticket states it's non-refundable, you should be eligible for a refund of the tax. I have done this is the past, not sure if you can still? To do this you have to inform usit/airlines that you are cancelling your flight first.

Back