Can I view a MRI Scan disc

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Non-financial Questions' started by Pablo74, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Pablo74

Pablo74 Frequent Poster

Hi ya ,
    I got an MRI scan done on my back lately and the doctor gave me a disc of pictures for future references. These pictures are coded so ...... i was just wondering is there a program i could download to view these pictures. This is purely for my own curioursity ?
    Any ideas
    Pablo

2. truthseeker

truthseeker Frequent Poster

What do you mean by coded Pablo?
    Also - the scans themselves are the most useful for future reference - as the methods of storage on disc can change with time and from place to place, so for example you might want to show your MRI somewhere that cant read the disc its on - the films are good to have.

3. Pablo74

Pablo74 Frequent Poster

Hi truth,
    When first i opened the disc it said it was coded but i have tried it again and i am viewing all pictures.... not that it makes any since to me ????

..But it is nice to know i have a heart !!!;)
    thanks for your reply..
    Pablo

4. truthseeker

truthseeker Frequent Poster

Always good to have a heart...... :)

5. Brianne

Brianne Frequent Poster

I hate to tell you, but if you had an MRI done on your back and you can now see your heart, the radiographer must have had too much to drink ,or else you're in possession of an unusual body!!!!

6. dem_syhp

dem_syhp Frequent Poster

Images are saved in Dicom format - industry standard for CT/MRI. They can only be opened with a dicom compatible package.

When some of the systems are writing CT/MRI to disk they will also write out a basic viewer - but not all.

7. ClubMan

ClubMan Frequent Poster

[​IMG]

8. mathepac

mathepac Frequent Poster

9. dem_syhp

dem_syhp Frequent Poster

Clubman, you're not suggesting the tin man has an MRI for comparison? Hopefully he's not an alloy, probably as well not to check!

[​IMG]

10. BillK

BillK Frequent Poster

Wasn't he an alloy of Dorothy, the tinman and the cowardly lion?