Can I complain about slowness of vendor's bank?

Ligerry

Hi

I would really value people's expertise here as I am at a complete loss. I have been trying to buy a site for past year: went through planning, had a boundary rectification sorted and mortgage in place. The day I was to sign the vendors solicitor raised a query about whether the neighbours bank had signed off on the boundary rectification (which i would have imagined the solicitor should have done months previous). The boundary rectification was simply to correct the site maps so the fence would not be moving so as far as the neighbour,s bank goes they are not losing or gaining anything.

They are now almost 4 months signing off on this now. They have engineer reports and a declaration all stating there is no issue but still no sign off even though 6 weeks ago they said it should be fine.

Firstly can someone enlighten me? Is this EBS legal dept being totally incompetent? What can we do about it? Im just shy of going on joe duffy to see can that help. We are so frustrated and it has caused huge stress and we are months behind our build. I really want to complain but EBS is the vendor neighbours bank and nothing to do with us and yet have caused us huge problems!! Can we still complain?

Any advise welcome

Thanking you

No, you can do nothing about it. They could not discuss it with you as you have no relationship with them.

If the vendor does want to sell, it is they who should be complaining.

Brendan

Am in similar position. Buying a site aswell and waiting on bank to sign off on sale as there is a loan outstanding on site for the vendor which is greater than my offer but planning expires on house in October this year so u can't wait much longer. Its Aib I have issue with but I got my solicitor to issue them with notice that if its not sorted before end of Jan that I'm withdrawing my offer so hopefully that mite get them to move on it. The site I'll be worth a lot less if they don't take my offer as nobody else will buy it with so little time left on planning and won't he able to get planning again in future as its been extended already.

Thanks for responses guys. the vendor's are as frustrated as we are and don't seem to be getting anywhere in terms of getting answers back about what ebs are stalling for when even they are saying the issue is resolved. I'm glad I've nothing to do with ebs myself. not impressed!!

Back