Can anyone advise me on termination of JSB?

Mopsy

Thanks in advance. I am going to try and make sense of this.

HISTORY of work period: I was in full time employment from September 2003 to December 2008. Commencing January 2009 to December 2009 I was employed 2 days a week and on JSB for the other 3 days. In December 2009 I was made unemployed and from January 2010 to present I am on JSB 196 p.w.

Today I received a letter from Social Welfare that my JSB will be ending in a month. OK, I will not qualify for JSA. However, my former boss reckons (as does his accountant) that I should be receiving JSB for a 9 month period to Sept 2010...that was what I thought as well. A stamp was paid for me while working 2 days a week, needless to add so my previous employer says that while I was on JSB for the other 3 days, that the qualification for JSB should have centred on the period 2 years ago when I was on full time employment.

Can anyone elaborate?

You will be padi 312 days JB form date of oriignal calim which was January 2009. Afte r156 days have been paid, you can build up contributions from your 3 day week to requalify and you would need thirteen of these. A ''new' Jb claim would then be examined based on these contrinutions and the amount of earnings.

Following onto a letter I received from Social Welfare stating that payment would soon come to an end, I received a form in the post today a "Notice to attend at local office" code on form is UP11a. It said to please attend at your local office for signing purposes during week commencing 5 April 2010. Failure to sign on that week may affect your payment.

Why would they send this form if they have already advised by letter stating that JSB was coming to an end?

I understand I will be signing on for credits at some stage.

I will not qualify for JSA.

You mentioned in your first post that you had about a month left before your JB ran out, so the 2nd letter is most likely just a notice of your monthly signing date. Due to industrial action in some SW offices, some signing dates may have been altered, so the letter is a reminder of your regular date or a re-scheduling of a signing date.

Back