Buying unfinished house - legal docs

coolaboola12

Hi guys

I am buying an unfinished house that was built in 2008

The house was built on a site in an estate which was purchased by a builder who then built the house on it but stopped half way through

I actually got in touch with the builder who said an engineer was involved in the build process and was going to write a full cert of compliance saying he supervised the build but as the house was never finished then this cert was never written

The engineer is now out of business , has no PI Insurance so can't write a cert

The vendor (bank) got an engineer to write an opinion cert of compliance with planning and building reg's

My question is will my lender accept this? The house is still technically a new house on a serviced site in a all estate. Each site was sold separately and each house built by a different builder so it's not a typical estate

I understand all the issues with buying a house without a cert saying bud was supervised etc so please no need to comment on that - just will the bank sccept that kind of cert to release the cheque ?

Am I right in saying we just qualify our undertaking to the bank and that should suffice ?

The only person who can really answer this definitively is the lender.

Your solicitor should also be able to advise you

You say that the vendor is a bank. Is it a bank which gives out mortgages? If so, you could try them.

Brendan

Back