Buying apartment in Longford

K

kumar24

Dear ALL,
Can you please share your experiences in buying 2 bed apartment in Longford town, is there a good rental demand? will there be a decent 8-10% captial appreciation in 1-2 years time. if it is a good choice what areas in longford are worth looking?

Ah yea,sure longford will soon be the centre of the universe or so i'm told.

From the way the road network is progressing, Longford is certainly becoming more of a hub.

There are some pretty rough areas around the town though, so it will depend on location, and of course the purchase price.

If it's a buy to let, as there is no University etc... in the town, you'd probably want to aim the rental at the young staff of the newly established (and in development) business and retail parks.

They would probably prefer town centre accommodation, rather than on the outskirts of the town.

Hi kumar24

The Harbour point development is okay ... close to swimming pool ... bearing in mind the pool is moving in the next year or so so who knows what will be built there instead. The locatation is very convenient.

Hibernian court adjacent the shopping centre would not be my choice .... especially as there is talk of Tesco moving further out of the town.

Eden court looks pretty nice with secure offstreet parking but bear in mind it backs onto St. Michaels road which is not such a nice area. Sandy lane would be similarly positioned backing onto Analy park ... affectionately know as razor blade alley!

I would not touch the leader house development with a barge pole ... it is adjacent one of the roughest areas in Longford.

Depending on how high your budget could go, Prospect wood, Cartrun Breac and St. Albans (second hand) or Battery Court would be a good investment.

Hope this helps,

Thanks a million Henny Penny for valuable starting insights

Back