buying a new property with first time buyer

cassi

Hi all
I am the owner of a property purchased in 2007 with ex partner. I now pay the mortgage on my own as ex has left country and refusing to pay. Bank are fully aware however will not remove his name from same. The bank are now going to capitalise the arrears in the coming months for which I will remain paying (tracker mortgage).
I am getting married soon & my fiancé wishes to buy our family home (1st time buyer). I have been told by his mortgage lender that I can strengthen his mortgage application if I go on it. It turns out we can well afford his mortgage with a view of renting my property. The lender has told me that my lender will not know anything about the application. I myself do not want my lender to know about this application as this is my future & myself & hubby to be need to protect ourselves financially especially for when the little ones come along.... I worry that if my lender gets wind they will come after my soon to be husband for monies for my existing property which is being paid for by me. Do I apply for mortgage with hubby to be or do I stay well away.
Many thanks in advance
Cassi

Back