BUX now paying 2.75% on deposits up to 60,000 euro (up from 25,000)

Original

BUX have emailed updating their deposit account terms. Seemingly the Dutch bank is covering the deposit accounts. (ABN Amro Clearing Bank and is protected up to €100,000 under the conditions of the Dutch Deposit Guarantee Scheme).
Perhaps @Lightning might update the Best Buys thread.

Apart from the 2.99 euro monthly cost I have found them to be fairly decent. Now they pay monthly which is good. They do take up to 10 days to pay out the interest, but it's a fairly decent offering for those who have maxed out their TR or Lightyear accounts.

BUX have emailed updating their deposit account terms. Seemingly the Dutch bank is covering the deposit accounts. (ABN Amro Clearing Bank and is protected up to €100,000 under the conditions of the Dutch Deposit Guarantee Scheme).
Perhaps @Lightning might update the Best Buys thread.

Apart from the 2.99 euro monthly cost I have found them to be fairly decent. Now they pay monthly which is good. They do take up to 10 days to pay out the interest, but it's a fairly decent offering for those who have maxed out their TR or Lightyear accounts.
Yes, good to see when compared to the miserable offerings in this market.
How does anyone feel about going over 20k on Lightyear?

Yes, good to see when compared to the miserable offerings in this market.
How does anyone feel about going over 20k on Lightyear?
it sure is tempting, but hardly worth the risk, I wonder out of Bunq and Bux which is the better of the two?

Think BUX is better for savings greater than 19K based on current interest and dirt rates.
Under 19K BUNQ.

Tempting indeed to go over 20k with Lightyear. The risk should be low because your money is held in a segregated client money account that is not loaned out. Lightyear has grown hugely in 2023, scale might bring a little bit more assurance too.

Yes - included 36 Eur fee (3 x 12 months) in the calculation.
Also should have mentioned BUX better 19k to the max …still says 25k on the website

Tempting indeed to go over 20k with Lightyear. The risk should be low because your money is held in a segregated client money account that is not loaned out. Lightyear has grown hugely in 2023, scale might bring a little bit more assurance too.
Glad im not the only one

Back