Bulgarian apartment and problem with title deeds.

N

nesswill

Hoping someone can advise me as I am getting desperate at this stage. I bought an apartment 6 years ago in Sofia.

I have it on the market for the past two years, having dropped the price of the apartment significantly there is genuine interest being shown. But here lies my problem, our neighbour two months ago decided to change the locks accessing the corridor where her and our apartment is situated. Therefor our estate agent cannot access our property.

I contacted the original estsate agents that sold the property to us and the developer. At first they said that the lady was crazy and they would call police etc but our est agent pointed out that the lady's title deed were in fact correct and that she is within her rights to change locks.

After confronting the developer with this his assistant admitted that there are discrepencies in her title deeds and it is the fault of the notary and not the developer or the the original est agents.

I am completely at a loss as what to do here.. I have already dropped the apartment price by over 60% and I cannot afford to invest much more money in this but i can't just leave it sitting there either. I am hoping someone would know whats the next step I could take be it legal or not. Who is really at fault here. I paid up completely for this apartment and it seems to have been sold to me under false pretences. I'll appreciate any advice.

Back