Building on an Extension in Cork

S

smallmoma

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for all advice given!!

The nice part
I've had my plans drawn up for a 2 room extenion but I won't see them until tomorrow-ahh I can't wait I'm so excited. :D

Not so nice part
Now I need to work the cost out , find a builder and talk to the bank:eek:

I'm pretty clueless (as in NO CLUE AT ALL) as to building costs etc.

1.Any ideas the cost per sqft/sqm in Cork? We are looking at a 30msq extention.

2.Will this include plumbing, electric power points, lighting,windows and doors,heating.

3.Will the builders quote for the finish separately-Tiling, painting etc.

4.Am I missing anything.

5.I will need to put in a new kitchen when its done could I ask the builder to quote on this too?

6.How do I make sure the builders not a cowboy?

7. Can anyone recommend a good builder?

Ok I have to stop asking questions now because I'm making myself feel SICK

a few thoughts on the extension and answers to the questions..
the nice part.. good luck and i hope it's what you want

the not so nice part,
try and get some advice from the person doing the drawing's

1. i have no idea of the cost per sq foot
2. if you specify what you want ie' electric and plumbing the builder could organize it for you.all prices should inculde windows and doors anyways
3. most builders don't do tiling or painting and recommendations from firnds and family may be a good idea here
4. you will probably find you are missing loads but not to worry about that as a ny good builder will give his opinions and advice wether you want it or not
5.some builders will source a kitchen but i my experience you will end up going to a kitcehn company seperately anyways to get the kitchen
6. ask to see some of his work and then ask the people he did it for.if he's good then he shouldn't have a problem with that
7.did any neighbours ,friend,family have an extension recently... ask them this will also help with 6 above and the tilers.kitchen etc ... you can always look for one in the book or ask the person who did the drawings but make sure you get a few out to price the job

ask all the questions you want.that's what this place is for

Sorry, Guys I thought I had put this in Homes and gardens!!

Anyone able to move it for me?

Back